Running in the rain

I was driving yesterday through the truly terrible weather when I passed a man who was running.  Shorts, high viz vest, hat. pounding the pavement and as I drove past thinking ' who on earth would want to be out in weather like this?'  I heard the voice of God say the words ' running in the rain'.  It was as though those four words were underlined in my mind.  He didnt say anything else but I thought '  ooooh, maybe thats what the blog is going to be about today'   And then I continued driving and instantly forgot about it!

Image result for running in the rainLater, in the evening I was in the car again and it was still raining but by this time it was also dark.  And lo and behold!  More people running in the rain - this time a whole squad of them.  Obviously some sort of running group who were out  on their regular route through town.  I remembered what Id heard God say earlier in the day and started to wonder what it might be that He wanted to tell me about running in the rain.  For some reason I had the thought that it might be the title of a song.

So when I got home I Googled ' running in the rain' and came up with this........ which Id never heard before, but which I thought was extraordinary.  If there was ever the cry of a generation I think this might be it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx4HPbB2SG8

The other thing that Google came up with was that there are some benefits to running in the rain.  It promotes physical and mental strength because you are dealing with adversity and the unexpected when it is raining.  And also you will have more freedom and space in which to run ( because most people are fair weather runners).   You dont need me to point out the spiritual applications here - we are all in a race and are heading towards the finish line.  I dont suppose you checked the weather forecast before you set out , but Jesus did warn there would be storms ahead.  😀  And probably the occasional mountain.   But hey ho!  Its all character building stuff and builds resilience and perseverence in us.   I hope your run is sunny and dry right now.  But if it isnt then I hope you can manage to enjoy running in the rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaken

The little things are the big things

Corona virus